Friday, January 5

Abilene, TX


Abilene, TX
Originally uploaded by jakesmome.
We left my parent's place on Tuesday, the day Joey turned into an old man of Forty. Knowing Joey's obsession with the weather my Mom got him his own professional weather station and my brother gave him a jumbo pack of T-Bones. He was starting the night shift in Abilene, TX but by the time we found an RV park, and it had a free (no license) fishing lake Joey decided he needed to fish and eat T-bones instead. To top off the big 4-0 he got a call from someone special whom he hadn't talked to in over three years! Forty's looking good! Joey is too.

We stayed at that RV park for three nights and then drove out to Abilene State Park today to do some hiking. The state park is the kind of camping we like, and its only 5$ a night, and I just paid the
RV park $325 for a whole month. We hurry back to the RV park with B1 bombers flying overhead, rattling everything loose inside the RV it possibly can, and try to get our check back. We got it back but he
wants $50 for the last night of camping plus the three hours we were parked there past the noon check out. What a crook! I wanted to cause a big scene and tell him what I thought of him and his
lousy RV park but Joey was inside with me and doesn't like it when I argue with men. He knows he'd probably end up punching the guy and he really didn't feel like going to jail tonight. I'm still pissed. I'm tempted to stop payment on the check. I have no problem paying him
the nighly Passport America rate of $18 plus prorating the three hours we were over, but $50??!! He claims he usually only accepts PA for 2 nights and after that it's $25/night, so apparantly three
hours over equate to a full night. Do not stay at the Tye RV Park! I should have seen that coming when the first night we got there I asked about a weekly or monthly rate and he said he doesn't
do that because they're too busy. The park was almost empty! The next day once he figured out I'd be scouting around for a new park he suddenly can do monthly's. Argh...

The Abilene State Park is great, though! Check out Flickr for some photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicky, I saw your blog, and would really like to do a story about your travelling family for the local paper, the Abilene Reporter-News, in Abilene, TX. Looks like you are still in the area. Please contact me at donevan@reporternews.com or call at 325-665-0574. Thanks! Nellie Doneva

Related Posts with Thumbnails