Friday, November 23

Thanksgiving

We got to Jim and Rosie's the night before Thanksgiving, and naturally, had a blast reconnecting and catching up. Jim's girls weren't able to make it for the holiday so they were able to put us up, or put up with us, for the few days we were in town. While I was sad to not see the girls, I was happy to be staying here. Rosie and I have the best time picking on the brothers, and the kids can never get enough of each other.

Before going to Jackie's for Thanksgiving Dinner the kids had to continue their tradition of jumping in the freezing cold pool. Last time it took ten dollars to get them to jump in, this time we couldn't have paid them ten dollars not to.
JimRo's house

Dinner was great, but I have to admit I was a horrible guest. I dropped the stuff I brought off at the door for everyone else to deal with while I made the social round. Then I was one of the last ones left eating so by the time I was done, everything was all cleaned up and put away. I did remark how nice it was to have everything just put itself away though, so I should get some points for that.

Swinging on Thanksgiving

With the nice weather we spent 99.9% of the time outside, mostly laughing...non-stop. Occasionally I stopped for pictures, but they're mostly of family and I just don't feel right posting them. Besides the fact they were mostly in their underwear. The kids just cannot resist an icy cold pool! All the kids, I think eight, ended up in the pool, whether their parents allowed them to or not. We even had a few adult (if you wanna' say that) men that ended up in their underwear in the pool. Not my typical thanksgiving, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails