Rules first, always rules.
~~~Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.~~~
1) I had a severe allergic reaction to red ant bites once and had to spend over a week in the hospital. Because of this I've always been afraid to get stung by a bee, and I did in fact get stung by a bee a couple days ago and while it's about the size of a baseball right now, I don't think I'm going to die.
2) While living in Korea as a tiny toe headed long haired child, a man in an open air market snatched me up and ran off with me. He was trying to get me to his house so he could show me to his family. After that my mom had to get a nanny for me so she could do the daily shopping. Also while sitting in front of our apartment building a man with a fu man choo mustache tried to light my hair on fire with a lighter. I spent the rest of my days there playing on the roof.
3) I also lived in Germany as a kid and accidentally set two big hay wagons on fire, causing thousands of dollars in loss. While I stayed back to get help all my girlfriends took off running. After I got help, I ran, but it was too late, I was the only langly long haired blond in our tiny farm town so I couldn't hide. That was my first brush with Johnny Law.
4) I went to college against my will. I hated every day of it, and knew I was the only person that was there that didn't want to be. The only class I liked was Health lab, and that was because the instructor demonstrated how to put a condom on by using a banana. THAT is the only thing I learned in college.
5) I met my husband in a country western bar and knew the second he walked in the door that he was the man for me. We didn't make eye contact all night, until I was leaving, when he grabbed me by the arm and said he couldn't let me leave without meeting me first. It was love at first sight and we were married six months later.
6) I met my best friend on the schoolbus in eighth grade, it was also love at first sight. I never even knew how she'd been burned until a friend of mine asked her a few months later while we were smoking his parents' weed. Her brother had accidentally set her on fire when she was five years old. She's the most beautiful person I know.
7) I wanted to be a gymnast, and by the age of five I could do back hand springs, front walk overs, cartwheels, with and without hands, all self learned, but my mom was too shy to take me to gymnastics classes, so I'd break my bones trying new things on the school yard. Then I was going to be a Solid Gold Dancer, but again having a shy Mom, I didn't get to dance classes. I did become a cheerleader in high school though and loved everything about it, but knew my dancing career ended there.
8) La Leche League saved my children. In reality, it saved my first born from having me succomb to the pressure my in laws were putting on me to stop breast feeding, but overall I believe it saved our relationship. I hate to think about all we'd have lost if we had stopped. I had no support, my family lived far away, and just the short time I was in LLL I learned what being a mother was really about. I can't explain it, but if you were a long term nurser, you know what I'm talking about. If you were a bottle feeder, I'm really truly deeply sorry, you don't know what you missed.
Hmmm, now who can I tag that hasn't already been hit? Peg, Jody, Kathy, Amy, Dee